Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi there, I have a Form 8949 and Schedule D from my crypto taxes (filled out with TaxToken, not to be confused with TokenTax). How can I import this into TurboTax?

I have the information saved in a .TXF file, a PDF file, and a CSV file.  Can any of these be imported?  I have the online version of TurboTax Self-Employed.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieR
Expert Alumni

Hi there, I have a Form 8949 and Schedule D from my crypto taxes (filled out with TaxToken, not to be confused with TokenTax). How can I import this into TurboTax?

Unfortunately, you cannot import these files using an online version of TurboTax.  You must be using a desktop version.  The following Recommended Answer explains further. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6585582

Related to this, I have no 1099-B from my foreign broker, but I did generate a TXF including wash sale adjustments and indicates each trade is Box C. I select Yes, I received a 1099-B from my broker in order to use the TXF import feature. I notice that when I import the TXF and it fills out the generated 1099-B, it checks the box for "Transaction not reported to you on 1099-B".

When I go to the Forms window and click on Form 8949, it's all filled out due to this. Also, when I check Schedule D, in box 1a where you list totals for all short-term transactions reported on 1099-B, the boxes are empty. The box instructs that "if you choose to report all these transactions on Form 8949, leave this line blank)".

From what I understand, Turbotax will submit the Form 8949 which is fully filled with all my foreign trades, and not try to submit the 1099-B that was being filled out when I imported my TXF. So even though I selected "Yes I received a 1099-B from my broker", there should be no problem with this. Am I right or wrong?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies