hum111

Hi i m j2 and started my job recently. I have to fill w4 and i am very much confused. How many dependents i have to write in that form as i have 3 kids and husband s j1

My husband who is j1 is nt doing any job. So wht shld i write in that form kindly help me out
bine22

since when are you all in the US? Is the J1 a student or nonstudent visa? You need to determine first, if you are a resident aor nonresident alien. Instructions for form W4 are different for nonresident aliens
clou92

If I were you I would write in 5.  If you want to make sure you receive money back when you file in April 2018, you could but 4 or even 3.
hum111

So you recomending me to write 4 in dependants. And how much amount will be deducted from my wages monthly like if i m getting 1500 per mnth and how will i get the money back