Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I just recieved a W2C from my employer but I'm unsure as to how to file that through turbo tax? Do I add it as another w2? For the blank boxes do I just put 0? Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Hi, I just recieved a W2C from my employer but I'm unsure as to how to file that through turbo tax? Do I add it as another w2? For the blank boxes do I just put 0? Thanks

No.  If it is just a change in box 12, code DD is just the employee portion of health insurance.  This will not have any affect on your return as it is only for informational purposes, not taxable.  So there is no need to do anything with the W2C if that is the only difference. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Did you previously file your return?  What changes are on your W2C?  If the changes make a difference on your return and you already filed, then you would need to Amend Your Return.  

If you have not yet filed, then you would enter the W2C numbers instead of the original W2 numbers.  In the spots that have 0, you would use the old numbers.  The only thing being corrected is the numbers that are on your W2C.  The rest of the numbers are the same. 

Thanks for responding! I did and already received my return. Box 12 code DD was changed from 0 to roughly 6000.

Would I add this in under the W2 section as a new w2? 

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

No.  If it is just a change in box 12, code DD is just the employee portion of health insurance.  This will not have any affect on your return as it is only for informational purposes, not taxable.  So there is no need to do anything with the W2C if that is the only difference. 

Great! Thank you so much for your help! Hope you have a wonderful day!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies