owbuccicone

Hi, I issued W-2s to 2 different nanny's in 2016. We withheld the necssary amounts, but I cannot figure out how to reflect this in my return.

Primarily, I want to make sure the money I withheld gets to the right place and that I pay it correctly via turbotax.  How do I do this?

Coleen3

If you have not paid the money to the IRS yet, enter your data into Schedule H and what you owe will be figured into your tax return. Type household employee taxes, sch h in the search bar.

If you have already sent in your payments, enter them following the steps below.

1. Go to "Deductions + Credits" (on the top bar)

2. Select "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid"

3. Select "Estimates"

4. Under "Estimated Tax Payments", select the first option "Federal estimated taxes for 2017 (Form 1040ES)"

And there you can enter the payments you have made during the year (each quarter).  

Coleen3

3. Select "Estimates"