Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I brought another copy and create a new profile with new email/phone number but it still complained about the max 5 returns, can anyone help please? Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Hi, I brought another copy and create a new profile with new email/phone number but it still complained about the max 5 returns, can anyone help please? Thanks!

The five e-file limit is an IRS limit.  Buying another copy of the software does not allow you to skirt the IRS limit.  If you have more than five returns to file, they have to be mailed.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

However, I already created a new intuit account with new email and phone number. How can IRS not let me do it when it's my wife who is working on the other 5 but not me? I am not sure I understand the logic here...thanks!

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

It's the house.  Use a different IP address for the 2nd five.

Here's a good discussion on this topic.

@allen310fran-yah 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies