Hi, Filing my NJ State. In regards to OTHER WAGE A...

williamjpiper06

Hi, Filing my NJ State. In regards to OTHER WAGE ADJUSTMENTS in TTax do I have to List in my W2 box 14- UI/HC/WD, NJ-FLI, CAFE 125, 414 (H) amounts?

Steve156

I have the same question. Are employee pension contributions added to Other wage adjustments W2 NJ

LenaH

Yes. Every entry on your W-2 has to be added on a separate line even though the Box 14 items of your W-2 are usually for informational purposes and do not generally affect your income tax return. 

If the categories for a particular deduction in Box 14 is not listed as an option, then you can select the category labeled Other - not on the list above.

@Steve156

@williamjpiper06

williamjpiper06

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  Boxes 12 on my W2 were entered and optional as a drop down on a separate entry page on TTax, but this box 14 as noted listing Cafe 14, NJ FLI, etc. on my W2, would they be manually entered on the TTax page “Other wage adjustments” as it’s the only option TTax presents. This significantly impacts the outcome on NJ tax. Just confirming. Ty

fanfare

if you don't itemize, you don't need those entries,

EXCEPT

you may be missing out on a NJ medical deduction for  CAFE125 payments.