turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, Filing my NJ State. In regards to OTHER WAGE ADJUSTMENTS in TTax do I have to List in my W2 box 14- UI/HC/WD, NJ-FLI, CAFE 125, 414 (H) amounts?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Steve156

Hi, Filing my NJ State. In regards to OTHER WAGE ADJUSTMENTS in TTax do I have to List in my W2 box 14- UI/HC/WD, NJ-FLI, CAFE 125, 414 (H) amounts?

I have the same question. Are employee pension contributions added to Other wage adjustments W2 NJ

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Yes. Every entry on your W-2 has to be added on a separate line even though the Box 14 items of your W-2 are usually for informational purposes and do not generally affect your income tax return. 

If the categories for a particular deduction in Box 14 is not listed as an option, then you can select the category labeled Other - not on the list above.

@Steve156

@williamjpiper06

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  Boxes 12 on my W2 were entered and optional as a drop down on a separate entry page on TTax, but this box 14 as noted listing Cafe 14, NJ FLI, etc. on my W2, would they be manually entered on the TTax page “Other wage adjustments” as it’s the only option TTax presents. This significantly impacts the outcome on NJ tax. Just confirming. Ty

if you don't itemize, you don't need those entries,

EXCEPT

you may be missing out on a NJ medical deduction for  CAFE125 payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies