Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

(HELP!) My TurboTax agent STOPPED RESPONDING and our Return is late!!!

We are a small business and signed up for TurboTax's "Full Service / Expert Prep" service - in late March 2024. 

We were assured that everything would be handled. After spending hours to gather the information requested, we received confirmation that TurboTax had everything the needed. 

Then weeks went by. I was told that the agent would "look at it tonight", then in a few days, etc. 

Then I was assigned to a completely different TurboTax agent. She promptly went on vacation. 

I have been asking weekly (and checking status daily), but my tax preparer had completely stopped responding. 

Our Partnership Return is now EXTREMELY LATE, and we have zero visibility into the process. 

The entire reason we signed up for this service was for convenience and the confidence that TurboTax would actually do what they promised. Now, we are in complete limbo, we are continuing to incur penalties every moth, and there is no way to get in touch with a real person at TurboTax business. 

I really don't want to start the process again, or have to find a NEW CPA, but TurboTax has completely failed and it has been a highly unprofessional and inconsistent experience. 

The ONLY way to contact TT is via their generic hotline, it doesn't offer any helpful options, and hangs up every single time. My rep is non responsive. What can I do? 

For context, I have 20 years background in business operations, own several companies, and have been using Intuit products for years. But this has been an incomprehensible experience. So disappointing. 

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with TurboTax? Any other recommendations? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If your experience with Customer Support is unsuccessful, you can elevate your issue to the  Office of the President of Intuit.   The contact form and a box for explanation of your issue is here:

https://www.intuit.com/company/contact/office-of-the-president/

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please continue to contact Intuit support. TurboTax is currently open Monday–Friday, from 5 AM to 5 PM PT. In addition, please follow the instructions on the page Why can't I connect with my tax expert? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If your experience with Customer Support is unsuccessful, you can elevate your issue to the  Office of the President of Intuit.   The contact form and a box for explanation of your issue is here:

https://www.intuit.com/company/contact/office-of-the-president/

I am sorry that the service did not work out for you.  You still need to find a local tax preparer and get your return completed and filed.  It is past April 15 and most of TurboTax preparers are off until next tax season.  Do not wait for TurboTax and let your penalties and interest continue to accumulate.

There may be some settlement or other help from TurboTax, but it could take a very long time to happen.  You need to get 2023 taxes filed and not have the stress of worrying about it.

I have wasted HOURS on attempting to contact someone. 

Their one hotline always hangs up and routes me to the wrong department (words from the TT rep who responded). 

No other way to escalate the issue other than to ASK the preparer AGAIN via the dead chat. 

Not being able to escalate an issue like this is beyond unacceptable. Especially for a $1,000+ service AND a compliance-related one. 

Thank you for the reply nonetheless. 

Thanks, everyone! 

The preparer seems to be long gone and it will be difficult to get any service before tax season opens again in January.  You really need to find a local preparer and get your return prepared and filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies