Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blah
Level 3

Help 1099 Section just spins and spins until it crashes and dumps empty Untitled forms

I have tried and tried to get help at Turbo Tax, and still no solutions, and be prepared for them to blame it on your $3,500 high speed computer and your high speed internet.  Ridiculous.

After about 3 to 4 1099(s) added to the 1099 income section, it just starts spinning and spinning endlessly and usually crashing requiring a reload that then dumps a blank untitled 1099 form that you never created.  Don't dare try to hit delete because it will spin and spin again and dump yet another turd untitled form.   You have to go to tools and delete a form to get rid of the turds quickly.

However this is so painful, what is weird is once you get to the 1099 form, it all works great, but soon as you are done and hit continue, it tries to load the 1099 section and it spins and spins and spins, sometimes eventually gets there but usually crashes and dumps a turd form.   

The thing is the real data is there, in fact you can hit continue after entering a 1099 and as it is spinning and spinning just exit the online and relog back in and the data is there, but for some reason their engineers has something screwed up most likely with threads and not knowing what they are doing.

I really want to use Turbo Tax but it has become unusable and impossible to get help or get one of the support members to put in a bug report.   They say it is out of their hands, they just make a report and it ends there.   Why won't Turbo Tax fix the same bug that has been there for many years, but in 2023 it is worst than ever.

I used to be able to avoid the spin loop by never importing and just manully entering sums.   However 2023 not even that works.

Sadly I have been forced to move to another cheaper online program, and over there no problems what so ever,   instead of 10 hours to enter a few 1099(s) you can enter them in 10 minutes.  However it is not very organized over there, I really want to use the more expensive Turbo Tax, but it has become impossible.

Please Turbo Tax fix the dang bug, I am a computer engineer and if I was there I could get to the bottom of this in less than an hour and fix it for you, but I am not.  What is sad is I am a professional and want to help, but you won't even let me help your engineers get to the bottom of it, or at a minimum report a bug so they can fix it.

My guess is your engineers put in two 1099(s) and test and hey it works.    Try putting in 20 1099(s)  and see how it goes.

I even created a whole new turbo tax account, with alternate email and tried and after about 6 1099(s) it just starts endlessly spinning.   SAD...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies