kirbyluv89

Hello. I want to finish doing my taxes online, But i was claimed by my sibling. I know i can still file but I wanna do it right without making a mistake. Can you help me

If you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return, you can still file your own return so that you can receive a refund of taxes withheld.  (You will not get back anything for Social Security or Medicare withheld.) You will not get the $4050 personal exemption.  Be sure that on your own return you say that you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.  The place to do that is in Personal Info.