kaledin

Hello i need help. I paid 2016 estimated tax payment of $3500. Was it included into the Return. Thank you. Leonid

LindaA

You'll need to enter your 2016 estimated tax payments in TurboTax:

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click My Account (top right of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the search bar, type estimated.
  • In the results box, highlight estimated tax paid, then click GO.
  • You'll land on the Estimates and Other Income Taxes screen. Click Start next to Federal estimated taxes for 2016 (Form 1040ES). (Click the first screenshot below for reference.) (You can also select state or local estimated taxes, or scroll down to select taxes paid with an extension, 2015 refund applied to 2016, or other income taxes paid in 2016.)
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your federal estimated payments. (Click the second screenshot below for an example.)

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

LindaA

• Select Tools.
  • In the search bar, type estimated.