ldmoroney

Healthcare coverage

I answered the questions regarding my healthcare coverage, then it asked me if my husband was covered by a high deductible plan on 12/1/18 and it was yes, the next screen stated they see he had a break in coverage (not sure why they think this) and the only options state coverage ended which it didn't.  Does this affect my taxable amount?  He is covered under my plan and a full-time student with no income, so he doesn't have his own HSA, is that why they are assuming he has no coverage?

shandeland

Healthcare coverage

I have the same question. 

Casand

Healthcare coverage

I have exactly the same issue.  Can anyone assist what should be done.  

AnnetteB6

Healthcare coverage

When one person on a joint return has Family High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) coverage that includes their spouse, the question regarding what type of HDHP coverage the spouse has should be answered None, unless the spouse has separate HDHP coverage in their own name.  This will eliminate the message saying that the spouse has a 'break in coverage'.

@Idmoroney

@shandeland

@Casand