turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nfairless

HEALTH INSURANCE

WHY ARE YOU NOT ASKING ABOUTHEALTH NSURANCE ON TURBO TAX

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

HEALTH INSURANCE

Health insurance questions are no longer included because having health insurance coverage is no longer mandatory.  The federal tax penalty for not being enrolled in health insurance was eliminated in 2019 because of changes made by the Tax Reform Act. The prior tax penalty for not having health insurance in 2018 was $695 for adults and $347.50 for children or 2% of your yearly income, whichever amount is more

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

HEALTH INSURANCE

Turbo Tax FAILED in asking for this information.  I am beyond frustrated!!!!  How in the world do your software people not get the "Hey do you have marketplace insurance??" Click "yes" or "no". That one simple question could have saved not only your customers, but the IRS tons of money and worry.  I am a single mom who looks forward to tax returns.  I filed and submitted my electronic return on Jan 17th.  I now have to wait until I get a letter in the mail from the IRS requesting my 1095A and now a 8962. They said to give them 3 weeks to process after they receive it and another 9 weeks to get my return.  So at this rate, I should get my return in June.  6 MONTHS after filing.  I will NOT be a return customer. BTW Tax Slayer prompted their customers with the marketplace question!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies