Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

danielg33

Having a hard time filing taxes because of 1095A monthly premium won’t accept 0

I received my 1095 B form but not 1095A and I’m being asked to fill out my monthly premium slcsp but it won’t accept 0
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

You may have accidentally indicated that you had health insurance from the Marketplace, and once TurboTax knows this, it will make sure you don't file your return without entering the 1095-A (this is for your own good).

Two ways to try to fix this:

First, do a Search (upper right) for 1095-a and click on the jump-to link (Mac users have to find 1095-A in the Topics List). NOTE: type in 1095-a and then hit enter - don't click on any of the suggested search items.

This should bring you to the screen where TurboTax asks if you had Marketplace insurance, answer NO and continue.

If that doesn't work, then do the following:

*** Desktop***

1. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the 1095-A. Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

*** Online ***

1. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form

2. delete form(s) 1095-A.

Let us know if this does not work.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This does nothing. 

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

What do you mean by it does nothing?  Should you have received a 1095-A?  Did you have insurance through the marketplace at some point during the year? If not, then you would not have a 1095-A. 

If you have a 1095-B and not a 1095-A, then you should not have any questions regarding the Premium Tax Credit. You will need to follow the directions that @BillM223 posted to delete the 1095-A

You should not any entries for a medical form on your return if you do not have a 1095-A. You would not have the answers for column A or C either. You should not enter $0.  You should delete the 1095-A form. 

If you should have a 1095-A, then you will need to contact the marketplace for your state or Healthcare.gov to get the 1095-A to enter.  You can also use this online tool to get the SLCSP IF you DO have a 1095-A without it listed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies