Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jpreston1

Have used TurboTax since it was MacInTax I'm not able to upgrade the system on my Mac. I am still using High Sierra. Is there anyway I can continue to use TurboTax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Have used TurboTax since it was MacInTax I'm not able to upgrade the system on my Mac. I am still using High Sierra. Is there anyway I can continue to use TurboTax?

Provided for you is a TurboTax FAQ that includes the OS system requirements for MAC.

System requirements 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unfortunately, there is no way to install the Mac software for you. You could use TurboTax online, or you could consider installing a virtual Windows system on your Mac and using the Windows version of TurboTax.  The cost of this would probably make the operation unattractive unless you have other reasons to run windows programs on your Mac.

Peter913

Re: Have used TurboTax since it was MacInTax I'm not able to upgrade the system on my Mac. I am still using macOS Catalina Is there anyway I can continue to use TurboTax?

@Peter913 - minimum system requirments for the ONLINE version....you could use that. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/turbotax-onl...

Mac OS X 10.15.x (Catalina)

• Safari 13.x
  • Chrome 77.x
  • Firefox 70.x
  • Edge
  • Opera 64.x

@Peter913   If you can't  install Turbo Tax Desktop program you can transfer from your 2021 return from your computer into the online version. You need to have the file ending in.tax2021 on your computer.

If you used the Desktop program last year here’s How to transfer into the Online version, expand the blue link if you used the CD/download last year

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

If you used the Desktop program before you may notice several differences and not like the online version.  It has less features and no Forms Mode.  You can only do 1 return.  Federal and state are separate fees.

Your return is only saved online so be sure to save both the .tax2022 data file and the pdf file to your computer when you are done.  In case you need to amend in the future or if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  You might not be able to access your online return when you need a copy.

To use the Online version you would have to start over in a new online return and pay for Online separate from the Desktop program.  Then try to get a refund for the Desktop program.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies