Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kphelp

Have insurance through Apple Health in WA and the last 2 years I got a 1095a form in January. This year I still have not received a 1095a. Do I still need to submit it?

The Apple Health site does not have the form either, although it does have a 1095b for me.  I'm very confused.  I need to file today if possible but their customer service doesn't open until tomorrow.  I have authorized their site to electronically verify my tax return info during the annual renewal process but I don't see how this could change whether I get a 1095a.  My actual health plan has not changed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Have insurance through Apple Health in WA and the last 2 years I got a 1095a form in January. This year I still have not received a 1095a. Do I still need to submit it?

The 1099-A indicates that you are enrolled in a Marketplace Insurance Plan, and it documents any premium tax credit you received on your insurance.  If you went to the same place to apply, I suspect that you did not get a premium tax credit on your insurance.

Both Forms 1095 B & C do not have to be reported on your tax return.

Form 1095-B confirms that individuals are covered by minimum essential coverage and therefore are not liable for the individual shared responsibility payment.

If the rest of your return is done, you can file the return.  If you have a 1095-B you will not get a 1095-A.  You should keep the 1099-B for your records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I had a similar issue. I received a 1095B form rather than a 1095A. Evidently if you get a 1095B form you answer no to the question did you receive a 1095A on the turbo tax form, and that is all that's involved. I believe the type of insurance you have determines if you get a 1095 A, B, or C.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The 1099-A indicates that you are enrolled in a Marketplace Insurance Plan, and it documents any premium tax credit you received on your insurance.  If you went to the same place to apply, I suspect that you did not get a premium tax credit on your insurance.

Both Forms 1095 B & C do not have to be reported on your tax return.

Form 1095-B confirms that individuals are covered by minimum essential coverage and therefore are not liable for the individual shared responsibility payment.

If the rest of your return is done, you can file the return.  If you have a 1095-B you will not get a 1095-A.  You should keep the 1099-B for your records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies