Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone verified if taxprinter.com service actually opens and converts old *.tax files to *.pdf as it advertises?

I have not been able to find any reviews on this service. It would be a great resource if it is legitimate.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Has anyone verified if taxprinter.com service actually opens and converts old *.tax files to *.pdf as it advertises?

You'll have to fully investigate and see if that service procedure is secure.   I don't know if they have a secure method of uploading files and sending you the results. You should question them.  Their site says it's delivered by email.   Well, regular email is not a secure method for sensitive files.   So unless they can explain how they secure a sensitive tax document for an email delivery, I'd be concerned about that.

It would also be good to know how well they secure the info once they receive it and store it on their servers.  Their phone number is listed in their FAQs.  You may wish to talk to them to explain all their security mechanisms, but in the end you may be at their mercy.

I am seeking information from anyone who has used this service.
Since Turbotax does not offer any way to print old *.tax files it would be nice if they could recommend someone who does. Judging by he number of inquiries on the subject it is a service with a demand.

I'm afraid that we can't officially vouch for any third party service.  You will have to check them out on your own.

twiz1

I was desperate so I gave them a try.  They turned it around in less than 24 hours.  I can say whether they sold my info on the dark web or not, but they did get me a copy of my return in PDF format from that crazy TurboTax version that I couldn't open. I will post a new reply if my identity is stolen in the next few months.  🙂 

How did this turn out?  I have a file from TurboTax 2015 and cannot locate the PDF or paper copies.  So I'm looking for the solution that Intuit does not provide.  :(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies