turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did anyone else get the code 1541?

My return was received and accepted on 1/30, then the path message appeared a couple days later.  This morning my bars were gone, I had the code 1541, and my refund amount has been replaced with December 31, 2018.  I am freaking out right now.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

1541 is an an internal code that the IRS uses to identify returns that have been "Delayed". This doesn't mean there is something wrong with your return, it could simply be that the IRS has an overflow of returns at this time and is behind schedule on issuing refunds. There are different reasons accounting for the 1541 reference number.

To be absolutely sure on the status of your refund, I would recommend to contact the IRS directly mention the reference the code 1541 to them. You can reach them at +1(800) 829-1040. Check 
Where's My Refund? as well tor tracking the refund.

Mine says the exact same thing with the amount replaced with the December date. Did you get any info why?

Mine also says the same thing. Idk what it could be maybe they are just backed up and after it being our 21 days they have to give us some kind of reason behind it?

@vanmartinez85 No, I wasn't able to get any information because they won't reopen until Tuesday.  @lvilla8425 I hope so.  I've read a couple of horror stories from people who received letters in the past after getting that code.  Some refunds were delayed for 45-60 days, some had to file for years they had missed before it was released and some never got theirs.  I must admit I'm a little worried, this has never happened to me.

@khentiel06 im hoping so to.. Ive never gotten this code before either so i my self is a little worried to!! But ive been reading that alot of people this year has gotten this code!

@lvilla8425 Hopefully we'll be in the batch for the 27th.  I had just gotten accustomed to getting mine a little earlier because that's how it has been since I started using Turbotax which was 6yrs ago.  I don't think I'm gonna call, I'll just wait until next Saturday because it seems like a good bit of people received the same message.  *Fingers crossed*!

Any updated info?

@khentiel06 Yea I'm thinking the same. When the 27th gets here will be able to see and trying to get through to a rep is a pain.

No need updates here. How about for you guys??

Nothing!  I called this morning but apparently they were getting slammed with calls because no agents were available to assist me.  I saw someone else say that an agent told them people who got the 1541 code should get their funds on the 27th.  We'll see.

I called and got through and was told my refund is under review and could take up to 45 days. I'm so annoyed I never had any problems filing and always claimed my same two dependents every year.

I just called and they told me i should receive mine on the 27th it was delayed but was lifted on the 15th and is being processed now!

Has anyone received their refund that has gotten the 1541 code? I received a letter on 3/1 and mine shows still processing!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies