turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ddorite1

Has anyone noticed that your age is not being calculated correctly and is off by one year based on the form's as of "1/1/2024"?

... in reviewing my forms before filing, the 1040-SR is not showing the correct age of me and my spouse. Instead of the correct age "as of 1/1/2024", it is off by one year (less).
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Has anyone noticed that your age is not being calculated correctly and is off by one year based on the form's as of "1/1/2024"?

Your age for the standard deduction etc---is the age as of the end of 2023.   If you turned 65 in 2023, you get the higher standard deduction.   If you blew out 65 candles on January 1, 2024 you will get the higher standard deduction on your 2024 tax return next year.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ddorite1

I know all of that, and is not my question.  The calculation on the Personal Information worksheet is shorting my age by one year.  Based on my DOB, it should show my age one year older as of 1/1/2024.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

When is your date of birth? Does it happen to be on January 1?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies