turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

anastasa8

Has anyone experienced this rejection code : R0000-058-01? XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.

TT solution is: This return cannot be electronically processed. To file this return, print and mail it to the appropriate IRS service center.
It will take 4-6 weeks to mail in. Also, I can't file state tax electronically when federal is rejected. I paid for the service and not getting it, and it seems this is TurboTax error.
Anyone has suggestion on how to fix it? Thank you
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
anastasa8

Has anyone experienced this rejection code : R0000-058-01? XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The development team has given us an update with regard to customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return.  The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline. 

For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206

Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

In order to proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return.  Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists. 

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete the Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again.  If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return. 

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop (Windows or Mac)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tzhou98
Returning Member

just filed today 3/30 and got the same reject message.  have to do paper mail, for real?

Tzhou98
Returning Member

I don't even have Form 7206 in my returns.  What I did a little bit different from last year was I instructed Turbotax to access my brokerage accounts and download the Int/Div/Schedule B statements, instead of manually typing them in before.  And obviously links went missing somewhere.

Windows Release [phone number removed]

I was getting rejected with similar error.  In my case, I had marketplace insurance attributable to a S-Corp which I started mid-year and Schedule C expenses for 1st half of year.  By ensuring the dates on medical premiums for the marketplace matched the formation of the S-Corp AND (most important) I also entered premiums for the first half of year. TT accepted.

Thus I'm assuming the total from the 1095 had to match. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies