Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone ever been under review for Federal Return?

I called and was told that my federal return was under review. Has anyone dealt with this and what should I expect?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

385 Replies
aunpace06

Did you get a notice

@aunpace06 I have not received a notice yet. They said I should receive it by the 5th or I’ll get a new date if they don’t require any more information from me. Then it can take 6-8 weeks.

Just be patient ... there is nothing you can do to make the process move any faster.  Just check your mailbox  and the IRS site once a day for a progress report.

@ralicia1202 when I called 2/21 and spoke to a live agent I was told that my return was being reviewed and I could expect to either receive my refund by March 5th or a notice in the mail if they needed additional information. I called back because as I was talking to the rep the call was disconnected. I got another rep and she said that my return was simply being reviewed. I asked if I was under audit she said no, that I would have received a notice and from what she is seeing in the system, none have been generated. I then asked if I should just wait until 3/5 to check my status online or call-she said no. Continue checking daily because the WMR site is updated daily at 12am and that will provide me with the answers. Crazy if you ask me because there are a few people in the forum who received their returns and the WMR system had not reflected it-it only stated that their refund was approved. I'm just ready for this all to be over. Would be a blessing to wake up to a deposit on 2/28!

Not so long ago ... in a simpler time ... you mailed your return and the postman brought your refund check when the IRS sent it after 6 to 8 weeks or so. There was no way to call and check up on it, no online system letting you know moment to moment what is happening, no forum where folks lamented their situation and whipped up discontent since some were not getting their refund as fast as everyone else .... amazing that everyone managed to survive the wait for the refund check to come in the mail.  Please, everyone take a deep breath and learn to  be patient.

@truthbtold83  interesting I was hearing he same information. I would just like to have some clear information about what’s going on. I filed 01/30 and they said I was accepted 02/01 and my status just said received and then the WMR bar disappeared and I’ve been calling ever since until I was told I was under review and by March 5th should receive a letter or my new refund date.

Reviews mean humans will look at it and due to the continued budget cuts suffered by the IRS there are fewer humans working at the IRS so reviews take longer. Write your congress person to increase the IRS budget if you want things to move faster.
whitty92

My return was accepted Feb 1st .. Feb 17th a lot of returns were approved & had DDD for Feb 22nd , but not me by then my bars have disappeared . I then spoke with an IRS agent & she told me by March 5th & thy Are not requesting for any additional info. I really am confused on why I'm under review. This has never happened

Same situation I had. My status bar just reappeared and updated To approved and I was given a refund date. After being told I was under review
aunpace06

How long did that take and was your funds deposited
whitty92

When did u file ?
aunpace06

Used TurboTax Federal accepted as of Jan 30  after 11 am

My funds still aren’t in my account but I have a date after two weeks of calling
whitty92

I still have no bars .. I guess its really a waiting process. I've checked & called today thy are now telling me 45 days from the date thy started to review it
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies