Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Grub hub was supposed to have 50% off coupon but it didn’t work

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

To get your partner discount, be sure to start on the affiliate partner’s website, such as your bank, credit union, insurance company, or other affiliate like Uber or Lyft. Select the TurboTax link from the partner’s website to access your tax return in TurboTax.By doing this, the system recognizes the affiliate partner and then applies your discount.

Do not start directly at TurboTax.com, which charges the non-affiliate price.

Follow these steps:

1. Go to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.
    • This will take you to the special TurboTax-branded affiliate site with the discounted pricing.
  2. Select your TurboTax product, sign in, and start on your tax return. (If you already set up an account at TurboTax, just sign in to work on your return).
  3. When you get to the Review your order screen (in the File section) you'll see the discounted price along with the message, Your discount has been applied.

If Your Affiliate Partner Discount for TurboTax is Not Applied and you followed the steps above, try deleting your cookies.

To verify the fees charged to you follow these steps:

1. Go back to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.
    • This will take you to the special TurboTax-branded affiliate site with the discounted pricing.
  2. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  3. Select Tax Tools on the left, and then Tools.
  4. Now select the My Fees button. It should show the discount.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filled my taxes but I did not receive the 50% off coupon that Grubhub drivers are supposed to get.

I check at my bank website but there is no TurboTax link or icon that I should use to file.

I want my 50% off coupon. Thanks in advance.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Grubhub so they can direct you on how to obtain your discount. If this does not help you please contact TurboTax by clicking here.

cas14

the only way this works is on a smartphone. the affiliate link is only accessible through the app. this is all ridiculous. I'm not filing my taxes on my phone. the affiliate link should be accessible on ANY device. thanks again for being disappointing GH. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@cas14 You can try contacting GrubHub to see if there are other ways to access the affiliate link, outside of the app.

cas14

there's no way to contact them. there's no phone number for drivers. I sent an email that came back and said "this mailbox is no longer being monitored." they give you the link to a form to fill out which has limited options. you can get to "taxes" by going through several check boxes. maybe that will work. honestly, I'm not wasting my time. it shouldn't be so difficult. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Since Grubhub has provided you with an affiliate link only on your phone, you can start your tax return with the affiliate link then continue online after you obtain it.

You can switch between the mobile app and TurboTax online because they are synced.

Please refer to the following FAQs for instructions to start your return on the mobile app. 

How do I use the mobile app? - Intuit

Rachelbee

Hi - it's 2022 and the 50% off link in their driver app does not work. I have tried contacting grubhub multiple times and only get robot responses such as "we cannot give tax advice".

TurboTax- YOU need to connect with Grubhub and fix this!!

Rachelbee

PS I have already tried every tip on this thread

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Rachelbee Please contact us so one of our phone support representatives can further assist you.

Rachelbee

I just got off the phone with turbotax and that was no help. They had no solutions.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, in this public forum we cannot assist with discounts. You will either have to reach back out to GrubHub regarding the invalid link they provided, or work through TurboTax Customer Support. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Rachelbee

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies