turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gross Income on my Form 1116 Wks is $60k higher than Total Available Income on my Tax & Int Wks. I can't find the difference. What's on the former and not the latter?

I have no K-1s or Schedules C or E or F or Form 4797 or 4835.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Gross Income on my Form 1116 Wks is $60k higher than Total Available Income on my Tax & Int Wks. I can't find the difference. What's on the former and not the latter?

Bring up the f1116. Scroll down to the Gross Income from all sources Smart Worksheet. Put the pointer over the entry and right click. On the box that appears, click on data source. Another box will appear displaying the sources for the entry.

This answer did not help me.  I've scrolled down to the smart worksheet and right-clicked, left-clicked, option-clicked, control-clicked, command-clicked in all the places where the number appears, and never gotten any additional dialog box.

It appears you have a Mac which can't use the right click. Here is a copy of the source.

Form 1116 (COPY 1) : Line 3ea
Calculated Gross income from all sources:

This is total income before deductions and is the sum of:

Form 1040, line 1 plus
Form 1040, line 2b plus
Form 1040, line 3b plus
Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 10 plus
Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 11 plus
Schedule C, line 7 (all copies) plus
All gains reported on Schedule D minus Schedule D, line 11, Subtotal Line A(Form 4797, Gain from Part I) plus
All gains reported on Form 4797 plus
Form 1040, line 4b plus
Schedule E, line 3 total plus line 4 total plus
Schedule K-1 Worksheet - Partnerships Box 16, Code B (if it has a value); otherwise income reported on line 1, 2, OR 3 plus any amount on line 4 plus
Schedule K-1 - Partnership Additional Information page 1, Box 11 section, Code A, line 1 (if positive) and line 3 and line 4 and Code I, line 5
Schedule K-1 Worksheet - S Corporations Box 14, Code B (if it has a value); otherwise income reported on line 1, 2 or 3 plus
Schedule K-1 - S Corporation Additional Information page 1, Box 10 section, Code A, line 1 (if positive) and line 3 and line 4 and Code H, line 5
Schedule K-1 Worksheet - Estates and Trusts, Box 14 Code B : Foreign Tax Information section, line 7 (if it has a value); otherwise income reported in Part III lines 5, 6, 7 and 8 plus
Schedule F, line 11 (all copies) plus
Form 4835, line 7 ( all copies) plus
Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 19 plus
Form 1040, line 5b plus
All positive income amounts on the Other Income Statement.

This answer still did not help.  When I sum all these things up, I just get my AGI.  Clearly missing are Form 1040, lines 4a and 5a minus 5b as well as all the Form 1099-Div box 11s and the 1099-Int Box 8s which if added brings me up to Total Available Income as found on the Tax and Interest Deduction Wks, line 1a2.  But I'm still missing that which brings me up to the Gross Income found on form 1116, line 3a.
nofate00

Same problem here. The number is larger than the AGI, but no idea where the extra comes from.

The list did not include 1040 4d taxable pension income but te total does include it.

It took me a while to find it but unless you have taxable pension income it will not reolve your problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies