Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jackdmv5
Returning Member

Getting message: "We've hit a snag activating your product. This is most likely because something went wrong during the installation."

When the installation process reached the screen "Here's what your installation will look like:", I notice line: "Install location: 0". I was expecting to see the default location like "Install location: C:\Program Files\Turbo Tax\Premier 2023". So, clicked "Change" and from the "Change Current Destination Folder" I specified the path "C:\Program Files\Turbo Tax\Premier 2023" and clicked OK. But, when Turbo Tax returned to the "Here's what your installation will look like:" screen the location was unchanged, "Install location: 0". I tried several time, successfully to change the location. I clicked "Install" and it completed the install process, no error message. I checked destination folder I specified from the "Change Current Destination Folder" ,C:\Program Files\Turbo Tax\Premier 2023\ and found the software was installed (including a 64bit subdirectory). The "Success! Ready to start your taxes?" screen appear and I clicked the "Launch TurboTax" and nothing happen. I check Windows Task Manager looking for a running Turbo Tax PID and found nothing. So, I click on Turbo Tax 2023 Icon from desktop and found a Turbo Tax PID running. A few minutes later the "Turbo Tax 2023 - Activation" screen appear with the message: "We've hit a snag activating your product. This is most likely because something went wrong during the installation." message. I have performed each of the steps listed under "Here's how you can fix this issue:" several times without success.

I believe the ROOT problem is the "Install location: 0" and not being able to change it. During install process I was connected to the internet, disabled Norton antivirus, smart firewall. I'm running Windows 10.

as anyone encountered similar issue(s) and/or found a successful solution?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Getting message: "We've hit a snag activating your product. This is most likely because something went wrong during the installation."

Refer to the TurboTax Help articles Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows downloading issues and Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows to see if there are any helpful actions you haven’t tried yet. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies