mamajess15

Form 8965? I belong to a healthcare sharing ministry. Where do I enter this information?

It doesn't appear I am being penalized for a lapse in healthcare in 2016, should I bother entering this information?
TeresaM

To enter your healthcare sharing ministry and any Forms 1095-B or 1095-C 

• Under the Federal Taxes tab, click on the Health Insurance tab.
  • On the Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2016? screen, click I'll pick who had it and which months.
  • On the Select the months you had health insurance in 2016 screen, click on any months you had insurance  for any days of the month.
  • On the Did anyone have a situation that waives the tax penalty for being uninsured? screen, scroll down to Wasn't required to get insurance, Health care sharing ministry member.
  • On the Select the months you were part of a health care sharing ministry, click the nine (9) you were a member.
  • On the next screen, it should read Based on your situation, the penalty has been waived!