Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8962

This is the first year I have run into this and I really need some assistance.  For four months of 2022, I had Marketplace Insurance which generated a 1095-A.  I file HOH and have 1 dependent.  My ex-husband carries the Marketplace Insurance on both of our daughters (he claims the other daughter) - this is done because he makes much less than I do and will qualify for a larger PTC.  When I was doing my taxes last night, TT was trying to combine the two 1095-As onto one 8962.  We both have the same Marketplace ID of VA but different plan numbers.  I do not see a way with TT for me to be able to file two 8962s to properly reflect my Marketplace Insurance and his Marketplace showing the PTC allocation going to him.  I cannot find anything that speaks to this issue.  Any help would be most appreciated!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Form 8962

I'll page @Critter 

Contact Support, otherwise.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

Form 8962

Just like all the other places in the program where you can enter more than one form the 1095A section also have the option to add another form ... after you enter it the next screen allows you to indicate this is a shared form ... follow the screen instructions page by page ...

1.png2.png

Form 8962

@Critter-3 That is what I did but when the 8962 is generated, it is combining everything onto one 8962.  I am showing two 1095-As, just like you have shown.  But the issue is the 8962.  It would seem to me that if you have two different 1095-As with different insurance plan numbers that two 8962s should be generated.  Am I looking at this wrong?  Thanks!

Form 8962

Sorry but no ... your return will only have one form 8962 even if you have 100 1095-A forms. 

Form 8962

Awesome.  Thank you for your help.  I really do appreciate it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies