Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8453 provided says I need to attach Form 8949s from 1040. However, looks like all Form 8949 pages were included w/ the 1040 Submission. Do I submit again?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

Form 8453 provided says I need to attach Form 8949s from 1040. However, looks like all Form 8949 pages were included w/ the 1040 Submission. Do I submit again?

This is the process for submitting information to the IRS for noncovered securities transactions if you elected not to enter each transaction separately in TurboTax.  The point is to report your basis in the noncovered stocks to the IRS.  Please look at box (e) on Form 8949.  If the boxes are empty, you either need to fill in the box or send in a brokerage statement that contains basis information.  

Please follow this link for more information.  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/IRS-Tax-Forms/Guide-to-Schedule-D--Capital-Gains-and-...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardG

This is the process for submitting information to the IRS for noncovered securities transactions if you elected not to enter each transaction separately in TurboTax.  The point is to report your basis in the noncovered stocks to the IRS.  Please look at box (e) on Form 8949.  If the boxes are empty, you either need to fill in the box or send in a brokerage statement that contains basis information.  

Please follow this link for more information.  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/tax-tips/IRS-Tax-Forms/Guide-to-Schedule-D--Capital-Gains-and-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies