Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

If anyone is still trying to e-file before giving up and  mailing their forms in, you must follow Deborahwrites1 advice to the letter... if you are just looking at your own forms list, that won't work.  You will not see the ghost forms that may be present.  You must search for Form 7206... if you are not searching specifically for  Form 7206, then you won't find the 'ghost' forms that may be in your file if your like many of us.   Once you delete the ghost forms which won't affect your taxes, then it will be accepted by the IRS.   This should be an 'easy' fix for any competent programmer....remove ghost forms that are not needed..... so it's obvious that the TT programmers are just done with doing any more updates on this in time for April 15th.      Good luck!   Here's the link to Deborahwrites1's information, and I copied it also in case the link is broken (but just search and you'll find it on many threads)     (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-is-anyone-else-getting-the-code-r0000-058-01-r...

1. Switch from EasyStep to Forms.

2. Click Open Form.

3. Search for Form 7206.

4. I had 5 listed in the results. I clicked on each one. 3 were nothing and ask you to select an existing Form 7206. 1 was associated with my K-1, and 1 was associated with my Schedule C. I deleted the 1 associated with Schedule C and kept the one associated with the K-1. (Two things to note: My 7206 has no relevance, so deleting it wouldn't affect bottom line. 2. After trying to delete it multiple times. It would immediately repopulate.) *If you have a K-1 that is necessary, make sure you don't have another that you should delete.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

Great post…

you would think the TT experts could coach some of the people struggling through a tech support call…

Must be some directive from higher up TT that directing people to delete forms is not acceptable… i.e legal issues 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies