Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 5695 Debacle

What is the problem with Form 5695 and when will it ACTUALLY be corrected?

There is nothing on the web base interfaced that indicates any sort of ongoing issue, but my return has been rejected twice even though I've "followed all prompts" and completed reviewing indicated sections. The software seems to be stuck on two fields in the "Residential Clean Energy Credit Smart Worksheet".

After attempting to get an intelligent answer from your AI chat bot and then being given a number to a AI voice bot by the AI chat bot, I finally trolled the internet to find a number that would connect me to an actual human being. 

I've spoken with 3 phone CSR's now and they have all been extremely helpful and friendly. The 3rd CSR I spoke with informed me that there is an ongoing problem that isn't expected to be corrected until 23 February. Is this accurate? I'm positive I'm not the only person with this issue so some real communication from Intuit would be appreciated. I understand no system is perfect, but when it feels like Intuit is attempting to hide this issue and play "the check is in the mail" game, it doesn't give me much faith in using TurboTax any longer.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 5695 Debacle

The link I sent you may not be the the exact problem that you are experiencing with filing your tax return but the fact that Form 5695 is currently is being updated causes rejections. Because TT wants to finalize the form before it is allowed to be filed. The current estimated date for the fix is 02/24/24. Please try after that date following these steps:

1. Navigate to Deductions & Credits, and select Home Energy Credits.
2. Follow on screen prompts to answer all questions related to Home Energy Credits. 

3. Do not exit this topic without answering all of the Home Energy Credit questions.
4. When you reach the Home Energy Credit Summary, click Continue.
5. Review and correct any errors that are flagged. When all errors have been corrected, retransmit your return for electronic filing.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

17 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 5695 Debacle

Here is the link for updates:  Why was Form 5695 excluded from my return filed on or after February 7, 2024, if TurboTax stated I q... 

Form 5695 Debacle

Thank you for the response, but that's not the problem I experienced. My return has been rejected twice because the information in Form 5695 was incorrect even though the review didn't catch it either time. Is this just a general update post for everything related to Form 5695? Was the correction date of 23 Feb provided by the phone CSR correct?

"Working to correct the problem" isn't an update, it's a placation. I would appreciate some actionable information so I can make an informed decision on whether to continue with TurboTax or file a different way.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 5695 Debacle

If this is not the problem you are experiencing, than make sure you software is updated, go through this section of the interview again, and you should be able to file successfully.

Form 5695 Debacle

Ok...it's obvious you didn't read my original post because you addressed a different problem, gave me a link to an article that didn't answer any questions and told me to update software that I'm not using. If you had read my original post, you'd realize that I'm using the web based version.

I apologize if my response appears to be less than congenial, but it's offensive that you would respond to my post (that you haven't actually read) and reply twice with recommendations that obviously don't apply.

I have asked specific questions in my previous two posts, none of which you have even attempted to answer.

Form 5695 Debacle

The 3rd CSR I spoke with informed me that there is an ongoing problem that isn't expected to be corrected until 23 February. Is this accurate?

Is this just a general update post for everything related to Form 5695?

Was the correction date of 23 Feb provided by the phone CSR correct?

Seriously, I would appreciate a response that actually addresses the questions that I asked.

Sincerely,

Paying Customer

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 5695 Debacle

The link I sent you may not be the the exact problem that you are experiencing with filing your tax return but the fact that Form 5695 is currently is being updated causes rejections. Because TT wants to finalize the form before it is allowed to be filed. The current estimated date for the fix is 02/24/24. Please try after that date following these steps:

1. Navigate to Deductions & Credits, and select Home Energy Credits.
2. Follow on screen prompts to answer all questions related to Home Energy Credits. 

3. Do not exit this topic without answering all of the Home Energy Credit questions.
4. When you reach the Home Energy Credit Summary, click Continue.
5. Review and correct any errors that are flagged. When all errors have been corrected, retransmit your return for electronic filing.

Form 5695 Debacle

Thank you

Form 5695 Debacle

I have the exact same problem...so frustrating.  The first time my return was rejected, I got on TT which said they fixed the errors, so I filed again.  A day later, the return was rejected again.  After searching the internet for the possible problem, I realized it is a problem only with TT that will not be resolved until Feb 23. Makes me nervous, since if your return is rejected too many times, you need to mail it

Form 5695 Debacle

@CatinaT1 

Hi there! It looks the the 2/24 date came and went with no fix to Form 5695. Do you know if there is a new estimated fix date? It would just be great to have an idea when I can file my taxes. Thanks so much. 

Form 5695 Debacle

Form 5695 Debacle

Had the same issue with this form being rejected twice. I would not wait for the promised 2/23 fix. I deleted the form and went back through the question and answer process to populate a new form. I contacted customer service and walked through the result with them. I submitted my returns for the third time and the IRS accepted it within hours. I'm still getting emails from TurboTax promising a FIX!

TurboTax has some explaing to do

Form 5695 Debacle

I abandoned TT for another tax prep service. I used TT for 12 years prior to this. Based on this experience and the inept customer service, I WILL NEVER USE INTUIT PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN! TurboTax is apparently more interested in making their customers feel important with poster badges and forum kudos than actually paying attention to the integrity of their product.

Form 5695 Debacle

Hi, 

As many before me I have been using TT for over 20 years, and what is happening with Form 5695 is a complete screw up.

After promising that this would be corrected on or after Feb.23, nothing has been done.

Besides that **bleep**ty email with the header: " WE HAVENT FORGOTTEN ABOUT FORM 5965 NOT INCLUDED IN E-FILE RETURN", that was sent on Feb.26.

Low and behold we are now March 1, and still no resolution,  TT is totally missing the ball.

Please keep your customers better informed, because this is total unacceptable. 

Please let us know a.s.a.p. when you have fixed this issue, otherwise you Intuit can pay my taxes owned to the government. 

Form 5695 Debacle

Here's the fix! Already got my State return and Federal will come soon!

http://referrals.hrblock.com/3S3GDGQ

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies