Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 568

Form 568 Schedule B Line 17a has defaulted a 0 in this field.  When I run error check it indicates that this field should be left blank for none, an entry of 0 is not allowed, but it will not let me remove the 0 in this field.  I never entered a 0 in this field.  Thanks for any help.  It will not let me complete my filing until this has been corrected.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

Form 568

I would try to run back through the entries for this form first, before deleting CA Form 568, Limited Liability Company Return of Income.

If you are unable to find the location of the box to blank out, you can delete the form.

To Delete CA Form 568 Limited Liability Company Return of Income for TurboTax Online:

• In the left-hand black menu, choose Tax Tools then Tools.
  •  Click on Delete a Form from the window that pops up.
  •  You should now see the Review Form List. Scroll down the list to the CA section and click Delete on Form 568.
  • You may get a pop up telling you additional worksheets and forms are being deleted. Approve and click delete.
  • You should come back to the Review Form List. Scroll to the bottom and click Continue with My Return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 568

Hi, I have a similar question, but I don't want to delete Form 568 - I want to file it. 

I think the error the OP spotted is what's preventing me from being able to efile it - On Form 568, the description for line 17a is "Depreciation and amortization. Attach Form FTB 3885L." and the entry there is a red zero, and the box is shaded so it's not happy with that response. I can't find Form FTB 3885L in TurboTax, but my entry would be zero. Can you advise a solution that is not to delete form 568?

yutingwu

Form 568

How to delete from the Mac version then? I tried to delete from the pop-up menu, and it didn’t work out. Do we get options to send the form 568 in the mail instead? Thanks.

Form 568

Why would one expect different results by deleting that form and reentering the same data?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Form 568

Form 568 is the California form for a Limited Liability Company (LLC).

In this case, California had a number of issues this year with their software that receives e-filed returns. For example, CA does not accept by e-file any return with a federal Schedule C, E, or F. This would include many returns with a form 568.

Please see this list of forms that California accepts for e-filing for 2019 for individual returns.

As a result, there is nothing that TurboTax can do to e-file such returns, if the California software on the other end won’t receive it.

Don't delete form 568, just print and mail your California return.

Form 568

California doesn’t accept E-filed versions of tax returns that have a federal schedule C?? aka everyone who runs a business?? hundreds of thousands of Californians??

Is this new? Because for at least the past five years, I have completed and e-filed my taxes with TurboTax in the state of California. For them to change it now is confusing, at the very least. Would the State of California really rather deal with hundreds of thousands of paper forms that are a minimum of 30 pages each??

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Form 568

There does seem to be controversy about California not accepting certain types of efile returns.  At this point, i would suggest printing he return and mail it in to prevent further delay.

Bill2019

Form 568

Do you know if there is a plan to fix this by April 15?  I have manually filed my CA form 568 but would have to print out 46 pages to manually file my CA return - something I would prefer not to do.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Form 568

The inability of California to access e-filed returns is new this year - and, yes, it has upset a large number of people. But please understand that we at TurboTax would fix it if we could, but we can't. Contact your state legislators to find out why this has happened.

@Bill2019

I do not know if California has any plans to fix this before April 15th. You will have to ask the Franchise Tax Board. Personally, I am inclined to believe that since they have already missed so much of the tax season, they probably won't.

Bill2019

Form 568

I believe this is more of a Turbo Tax issue than a CA one.  It is true that CA is having issues with e-filing form 568.  However this would not be an issue is the software functioned the same as last year.  That is, it kicked out the 568 for manual filing.  This year, the software is attempting  to e-file the return and the 568 together and failing.  I believe this is the case because I have some friends with returns similar to mine except without the 568 who have been able to e-file their CA return.  It's probably too late to fix for this year, but I would hope that the software is corrected for next year.

Form 568

I think the issue is the eFile for Form 568, Sch C which for many LLCs need included.  Because of these forms, the entire CA State filing is thrown off.  I think there 2 options?:

1. Print and mail the CA State taxes AND don't forget to send Form 568 too.  IF you file by mail, you will need to get a waiver for filing Form 568.

2. Print Form 568 and supporting documents.  Then delete them in Turbo Tax, then file CA State electronically.

Very frustrating and annoying that the entire return won't eFile, especially when Turbo Tax states they can for single entity LLCs. 

Form 568

This is an absolutely nightmare. The program for state taxes is showing my husband has an LLC but he does not and there is no where in the program that seems to ask if he has one or not. I don't understand how when we use the same program every year that now this year it wants to say he has an LLC. There is no way to fix this and customer support doesn't know what Im talking about and can barely see his account. I think IM about through with using Turbo Tax

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Form 568

If you have an LLC showing on your state return, it would also show up on the Federal return.   Which platform are you using?  Online or Desktop.  Type sch c in the search bar and use the Jump to link and see if there are any businesses listed on your return.    @dannykohler1

Form 568

having same issue. Did you happen to find a solution? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies