Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1099-R Account Number Length Mismatch

TurboTax is expecting a 24 character Account number, but by 1099-R forms show account number length of 14 to 21 characters as shown in the lower left of the form.  TurboTax bounces back and asks for a 24 character account number.  I have tried padding with spaces before and after, but TurboTax will not accept that.  Suggestions on how to proceed?  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The request within TurboTax  is to sign-in to the trust company, where I am being requested to supply "Tracking ID-Tax Info Stmt bottom pg1 (24 chars)".  So the problem may be with the trust company and not TurboTax directly.  I have reached out to them for clarification as well.  I will likely skip import and just try to enter the information manually.  Thanks for the quick response.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Where are you being asked for an Account Number on the Form 1099-R?

In the step-by-step interview when entering the information for the 1099-R there is no where that the Account Number from the lower left of the Form 1099-R can be entered. 

The Account Number can only be entered from the Form 1099-R is if you are in Forms mode and even then the Account Number is not requested or needed.  Even if you enter the Account Number the program does not ask anything about this.  Even entering the Account Number does not prevent the tax return from being e-filed.

The request within TurboTax  is to sign-in to the trust company, where I am being requested to supply "Tracking ID-Tax Info Stmt bottom pg1 (24 chars)".  So the problem may be with the trust company and not TurboTax directly.  I have reached out to them for clarification as well.  I will likely skip import and just try to enter the information manually.  Thanks for the quick response.

The trust company advised that they do not have requested ID on their 1099-R forms and will work with TurboTax to correct the authentication logic. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies