Disturber

Form 1040 Paid Preparer's Date

I prepared my return.  It won't file electronically because the program keeps asking for the date that a paid tax preparer prepared the return.  This is non-sense

ela8549

Form 1040 Paid Preparer's Date

I am having the same problem.  I am ready to E-file my return but program won't let me.  Asking that the paid preparer's date field to be completed.  So frustrating.

carrerachas

Form 1040 Paid Preparer's Date

how do you get around this issue of needing to put in a paid preparers date when you prepare it yourself?

carrerachas

Form 1040 Paid Preparer's Date

Turbo tax Tech support....WHERE ARE YOU?

ela8549

Form 1040 Paid Preparer's Date

Hi:  I had the same problem and called TurboTax directly.  I spoke with a representative, Sandra, who stayed with me until she figured it out.  I only remember part of the solution.  She opened up forms, then opened  1040/1040SR Wks.  Once opened, you could see that the paid preparer's date was highlighted.  She then deleted the form. I think that was it but not sure.  I was then able to E-File my return.  Hope this helps.

Disturber

Form 1040 Paid Preparer's Date

The solution is to delete the form.  It will reappear without the problem.  We deleted the 1040 and it reappeared as if by magic and I was able to complete the return.

Michael