vicgac

For W2, Box 14, For TurboTax Deluxe 2020, Category do i associate with the following text on my W2 form: "NY-PFL"

For W2, Box 14,  TurboTax Deluxe 2020,  What category do i associate with the following text on my W2 form: "NY-PFL"

1....jpg

rjs

NYPFL on a New York W-2 is usually not family leave wages. It's usually the tax that you pay for the PFL program. If that's what it is, select "Other mandatory deductible state or local tax not on above list." The exact wording may vary slightly depending on where in TurboTax you make the selection.

If you did not receive paid family leave in 2020, then the NYPFL is the tax. Every New York employee pays the tax. If you did receive paid family leave, you may have to ask your employer to clarify what the box 14 entry is.