For my 2017 tax return, my order date in Turbotax ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohit-bagalkot

For my 2017 tax return, my order date in Turbotax is 4/17/2018, but the date Turbotax received my federal and state return is 5/11/2018. Why did this happen?

2 Replies
Rainman12
Level 9

For my 2017 tax return, my order date in Turbotax is 4/17/2018, but the date Turbotax received my federal and state return is 5/11/2018. Why did this happen?

When you ordered or paid for a product has no relationship to how, when, or if you used it. The only meaningful date for submission of a tax return is provided within the e-mail you got indicating your submission was accepted by IRS and/or State ...

mesquitebean
Level 15

rohit-bagalkot wrote:
"For my 2017 tax return, my order date in Turbotax is 4/17/2018, but the date Turbotax received my federal and state return is 5/11/2018. Why did this happen?"

What does that mean "date TurboTax received my Federal and state return is 5/11/2018."   I don't understand what you mean by TurboTax "received" the returns.  

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings