I did not receive a 1099-K from Coinbase as I don’t meet any thresholds. However to report taxes, where do I find the information for Coinbase formal name, address and federal tax ID number. Can someone who received a 1099-K provide this ?
You could try searching on the Coinbase website for their company information.
You could just enter the income in your return as Other reportable income, using these steps:
- Click on Federal > Wages & Income
- In the Less Common Income section, click on the Start/Update box next to Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C. [See Screenshot #1, below.]
- On the Miscellaneous Income screen, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Other reportable income. [Screenshot #2]
- On the Any Other Taxable Income? screen, click the Yes box.
- Enter the income on the Other Taxable Income screen, along with a description. Click Continue. [Screenshot #3]
- You will be brought to the Other Miscellaneous Income Summary. If you have no more miscellaneous income to report, click Done.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"