Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

don1040
Returning Member

For 2022, I opted to go without a salary from my employer. I did not receive a W2 because salary was zero and withholdings were zero. How do I handle this with turbotax?

Note, the employer uses QuickBooks Payroll (which owns TurboTax) and QuickBooks has indicated they do not send W2s for employees with zero salary and zero withholdings. TurboTax indicates that my Wages and Salary from the company "Needs review". How do I handle this with TurboTax? Should I just enter 0 in the W2 fields in TurboTax? Or, should I leave it blank as it is? Or, do I somehow delete the employer (I still work for the employer, I just went without salary for 2022)? If the suggestion is to delete the employer, how do I do that? 
Please help!
Thanks!
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

For 2022, I opted to go without a salary from my employer. I did not receive a W2 because salary was zero and withholdings were zero. How do I handle this with turbotax?

Delete the W-2 and then skip entering W-2's since you did not receive a W-2.

If you received no taxable income of any kind in 2022 then there is no reason to file a 2022 tax return.

don1040
Returning Member

How do I delete the W-2 in turbotax?

I did receive other taxable income from investments in 2022, so, I have to file the 2022 tax return.

Thanks for the super quick reply!!!

Click on Federal on the left side of the online program screen.  Click on Wages & Income.  Edit the W-2.  Click on the trash can symbol to delete the W-2.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies