bergermiche

For 2017, I got 2 W2s from same employer, with different amounts.I filed both. For 2018, I got 2 W2s from same employer, but with same amounts on them.Do I only file one?

Rachel_W

You should confirm with your Employer whether the 2nd W2 is a duplicate or if it reports additional income.  

If you know about what you made per week in gross wages or have a paystub, you should be able to get an idea of what your "total" wages should be for 2018.

You may receive 2 W2's from the same Employer when they change payroll processors; however, it is rare that the amounts on both W2s are exactly the same.

Rachel_W

bergermiche

Thank you for the quick answer!
I carefully checked, and all the information is the same on both W2s. They are issued by the same pay roll service. And the total earnings on either W2 match my own records of my pay stubs. The only thing that is different on the W2s is the Batch #.