turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fixing an error with 1099-INT Box 1, 3, or 8, for Untitled

During Review, TT tells me:

"Check this entry. Schedule B: Box 1, regular interest - Enter the amount from 1099-INT Box 1, 3, or 8, for Untitled."

I reviewed the three entries (there were no1099's for two of the three entries ($.01 for one and about $14 for the other without 1099-INT's)).

When I click walk me though everything related to 1099's, I'm told: "Direct entries on Schedule B. We see that you made interest entries directly into Schedule B. TurboTax uses a replica of the form you received to record your interest income, which then flows into Schedule B. Any amounts you may have entered directly onto Schedule B may be overwritten or duplicated in this section. We suggest you remove your manual entries on Schedule B now before continuing in this topic.   _Remove my manual entries on Schedule B (recommended); _Leave my manual entries and continue."

I didn't enter anything directly into Schedule B.

Ideas?

UPDATE:

I chose: "Remove my manual entries on Schedule B (recommended)". I was taken to the 1099-INT screen. All three entries remained. I went to review, and got the 100% accurate review. Odd.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Fixing an error with 1099-INT Box 1, 3, or 8, for Untitled

If you have an "Untitled" 1099-INT hanging around in your return, it should simply be deleted.  The TurboTax programs will sometimes have a "ghost" form left behind, sometimes from a transfer or for another unknown reason.

Revisit your Interest Income section and use the Edit (or Update) icon beside any Untitled Form 1099-INT to delete it completely.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies