Solved: first timer

first timer

this is the first time I'm doing taxes and my question may be simple but i tend to overthink  everything and i just want to make sure I'm being as thorough as possible. I was filling out my W-2's and everything and i got to a question about allocation?? do i need to allocate my wage if i worked in one state but two different towns within that state?

first timer

Not usually. If the towns where you worked have an income tax, then maybe you would need to allocate your wages between them, but otherwise no. If you can respond with what the question actually said, I could give you a better answer.

first timer