`

What if I can't get my PIN from IRS?

I've been trying to get the PIN from IRS and apparently the system don't recognize my name, and locked me out.  What can I do?

What if I can't get my PIN from IRS?

First, are you sure you need a PIN from the IRS? PIN's from the IRS are by request only, and you'd have received it in the mail. It's not super common. 

More often, people get their prior year AGI confused for a PIN, as it's required to e-file. 

There's some good info on them here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3388576

If you're locked out and do need a PIN, you'll probably want to take an extension and file once you receive it.

What if I can't get my PIN from IRS?

I've been trying for years to get my pin sent to me but for some reason the IRS doesn't recognize my maiden name or married name and they reject my e-file every year. I talked with them and they said they mailed it to my previous known address but I haven't lived there in years and they won't update my information. What can I do since this COVID 19 junk is preventing me from contacting them.

What if I can't get my PIN from IRS?

Mail your return, the earlier the better, Make a note of your AGI and keep for your records. you can do that by making a print copy of your completed tax return.

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, or to amend because a TurboTax update changes your return.
OR, to find your AGI next year.

.

if your name on the return doesn't match the IRS database for your SSN, you won't be able to e-File next year.