Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Financial Assistance / 1040 signature

I am told I need the second page of the 1040 sign to get Financial Assistance for a hospital bill. How do go around doing that if I did  it on turbotax? Do I download it and e-sign it? And then reupload it on turbotax afterwards? I know its on the second page.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You print it, use a pen and sign it in ink for them.  TT does not give you a way to "e-sign".   When you use TT you do not physically sign the return, since it was "signed" electronically when you entered your AGI or PIN.  There is never a physical signature on your self-prepared, e-filed return.   And.....since literally millions of people in the U.S. e-file tax returns and have that same situation, the officials in financial offices ought to be aware of that by now.   But sometimes to keep them happy, you just sign the paper copy using a pen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Download the PDF of the tax return.  Print both pages of the Form 1040.  Sign and date the the tax return with an ink pen on page 2 of the Form 1040.  You do not upload the tax return back to TurboTax.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Form 1040 consists of two pages, or one sheet, double sided.

You can't re-insert the form into your tax file.

@Roger M Jr 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies