Final Review Error

I'm filing an estate tax form.  When doing final review, I get the error that the date of sale is not in this tax year.  I verify that the entry is correct.  Should I just ignore these errors for all the entries and file the taxes?

Final Review Error

@longmere I would not suggest filing with the type of error you are seeing.

Rather, check the date of your tax year in Business Info>>About Your Trust or Estate. Also check the decedent's date of death to make sure it is accurate.

Final Review Error

Thanks again.  When I checked initial General Information, I had Fiscal year checked instead of Calendar.  Erro's disappeared.   Have a good day.

Final Review Error

Are you using the correct year of TurboTax to file the return?  If the sale date is 2018 you can not use the TurboTax 2019  program to file the return you will have to use the 2018 program.

Final Review Error

I am using the 2019 Business Tax software.  I entered the purchase date of 08/04/2018 and the sale date of 03/01/2019.  I get errors on all of my entries.  I don't have any problem with ignoring these as an error in TurboTax, but am concerned if the calculations are being done correctly?????  Thanks for the quick response.  Glad that I don't have to become an estate tax filing expert.

Final Review Error

Final Review Error

Thanks for the response.  She died in 2018, this is the second year of filing the estate.  Where would I find the info that you referenced?  Thanks again.

Final Review Error