Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Nightshade90
Returning Member

Filling out free edition

Hi! I'm using the TurboTax free edition and it's suggesting I fill out a section that is not relevant to me and then not letting me past that section... may I have some help with this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Filling out free edition

Yes please give more details.  What section?  Were you trying to enter something?  

Nightshade90
Returning Member

Filling out free edition

Thank you! So I'm trying to fill out the 1099-R section just because it's recommending it, and it's not a form I need, so I'm just filling out the section with "no" or "$0", and it's continuing to recommend it as the next section I fill out. May I ask how should I proceed?

Filling out free edition

@Nightshade90 See if there is a Form 1099-R is the list of forms and schedules in your tax return and if the 1099-R is shown then delete the form.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

Nightshade90
Returning Member

Filling out free edition

Thank you so much! Is that on the app or on the website? I am using my tablet to fill out my taxes and I don't see the button you're referring to. It might just be because I'm not on a PC, too.

Filling out free edition

@Nightshade90 I do not use the Mobile app so I am not that familiar with how the program is presented to the user.

Are there 3 bars in the upper left corner of the program screen?  If so, click on those bars and it should show the links on the left side of the screen.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies