Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filling Multi-Menber LLC Taxes

Hello,

I started filling my Multi-Member LLC taxes using turbo tax business and got some questions.

1) The vehicles used for all company work are on the name of one of the members of the partnership, how do we include the miles deductions? 

2) My parents are currently living with me, I know that if they didn't have more than 4200 of gross income I could put them as dependents, but that amount is for each one or both of them?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Services performed by a handyman and a plumbing company company would be considered services.   Each of your parents would have to qualify as dependents independently of the other. The $4,200 income limitation is per parent.  And finally, I do not understand your question regarding miles and your spreadsheet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you, and sorry, I edited my original question about the miles deduction. We bought the car we used for all the company work before establishing the company, but we never trespassed the ownership to the company itself so it is still registered under the name of one of the members. How can we declare the miles on this car for deduction?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

As a general rule, partners are not allowed to deduct partnership expenses on their own individual tax returns. There is an exception if there partnership's Partnership Agreement has a provision that requires a partner to pay the expenses, or if reimbursement of business related expenses is a routine practice.

The expenses are reported on the partner's K-1. When entering the K-1 information in TurboTax,  come to a screen entitled "describe your partnership". Be sure to check the box "I am required to pay supplemental business expenses...." You will be prompted to enter your expenses once this is done.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies