turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Peace22
Returning Member

Filing Taxes

Hi I started filing taxes in 2018 but I never revived a refund for it so in 2020 in January I revived an email saying I can still file....I’ve finished putting in the info but I haven’t filed yet. I just want to make sure it’s ok to that I used my 2018 info to file for this years tax return? I mean, I did get the email saying I should do it before it’s too late but I want to be sure that if I finish and file...there want be any issues, 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Filing Taxes

You cannot use the current TurboTax program to file a 2018 tax return. The current program is only for filing a 2019 tax return. To prepare, print, sign and mail a 2018 tax return, you must buy and download the 2018 program and install it on your computer. Here is a link to buy it: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

If you entered 2018 information in the 2019 program, you must delete it and start over in order to enter your 2019 tax return information. Here is how to clear and start over: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-using-clear-start-over-in-turbotax-online

Peace22
Returning Member

Filing Taxes

Ok thank you for replaying to me I appreciate it. I tried to start over but it wouldn’t let me, but I will still try to start over and see what happened!! Thank you once again😁

Peace22
Returning Member

Filing Taxes

Hi it’s me again...I tried clearing everything and starting over but apparently I can’t do it because I registered  my tax return, Which means I can no longer clear and start over.

so is there anything else I can do?...like anything. 

I’ve tried to call turbo tax customer service but apparently in order to do that I have to upgrade to Turbotax plus I believe it’s called which means I have to pay for it and I’m not able to do that right now, so if you know anything else I can do then let me know please and thank you!!

Filing Taxes

If you have not yet filed the 2019 tax return that you entered the 2018 information on and can't clear it because you have registered the account, you can just abandon that account and start a new 2019 return in a new account. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies