turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Allie16

Filing question... don't want to pay for state return to be filed electronicly, but it isn't letting me on my extension for 2016

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Filing question... don't want to pay for state return to be filed electronicly, but it isn't letting me on my extension for 2016

Just select the File by Mail option.  See screenshot

On the following screen Select the Returns You're Ready to File by Mail select for Federal - Do not print my federal return to file by mail now.  See screenshot

After printing the state return, you can return to the File section of the program and change your method of Filing to E-File and only select the federal return for e-filing and do Not select the state return for e-filing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Just select the File by Mail option.  See screenshot

On the following screen Select the Returns You're Ready to File by Mail select for Federal - Do not print my federal return to file by mail now.  See screenshot

After printing the state return, you can return to the File section of the program and change your method of Filing to E-File and only select the federal return for e-filing and do Not select the state return for e-filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies