turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing parents taxes (US Green Card, but Indian income)

Folks, Do you know of software that can do taxes for my parents - they are US GC holders but my dad's income is based on indian pension and banks interest (mom has no income). Thus far I was getting it done by a tax preparer who was charging me 300$ to do this, but looking through the returns it seems fairly straightforward and I was going to do it on paper.. However, if there is software that could do this it might be easier.. They don't have W2s etc, so would turbotax be able to do this and handle indian tax credits etc.

Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
pk
Level 15
Level 15

Filing parents taxes (US Green Card, but Indian income)

@mainhoon , you should have no issues completing your parents and your own return(s) using TurboTax of higher versions.  My personal favorite is TurboTax Home & Business, downloaded/CD version.  This can deal with the most  complicated  individual tax returns.  My pref. for the downloaded/CD version is because  (a) it allows me to move between  "step-by-step" and forms  mode  thus allowing me to look at the actual worksheets and forms  as they are being populated  and correct if need be and (b) everything is  on my computer and available as and when I need  to review/copy/inspect/amend/print/ transfer to next year  etc.  And this downloaded version allows you to prepare up to five federal and State returns per downloaded copy on any computer--- thus using the same copy you can do your own and that of your parents.

Namaste

pk

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies