Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rgralnik

Filing online this year. Used PC version for 2020. How do I import tax2020 file?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Filing online this year. Used PC version for 2020. How do I import tax2020 file?

Below your question it says your product is Free Edition.

If you are using Free Edition, you can't do a transfer from the desktop 2020 data file into that product.  It requires a higher edition.   See this FAQ on how it would otherwise be done.  Choose your scenario there to see the instructions..

FAQ:  How do I transfer last year's return into Online TurboTax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-...

@rgralnik 

ADDENDUM:

Also, I'm not sure which edition you used in 2020 for your desktop return, but be aware that the Online editions are quite a bit different and can have form limitations, as in these examples:

Online Deluxe cannot prepare Schedule C with expenses,  or Schedule D, E, or F, and cannot enter K-1.

Online Premier cannot prepare a Schedule C with expenses or Schedule F.

The Online editions do not have Forms Mode, which is a desktop software feature.

The Online version can only prepare 1 Federal return per account per year.  The desktop version can prepare multiple Federal returns with up to 5 free Federal efiles.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies