Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Filing my taxes with pay stub

1 Reply
Level 15

Filing my taxes with pay stub

That is a really bad idea.  Your W-2 will not match your pay stub.  If your tax return is filed incorrectly then you will need to amend--a process that will take about 4 months.  Employers will provide your W-2 by the end of January.  Since the IRS is not accepting returns until January 29 at the earliest it would be wiser to wait for your W-2.  You will not get your refund faster by filing with your pay stub.

Further more:

Some forms are not finalized so you cannot file.  The IRS has to finalize a number of forms and then approve the finalized forms in the TT software.  Many state forms are not finalized either.  What's the rush?  The IRS will not be accepting returns until January 29 at the earliest, so filing early will not get your faster refund.  The earliest refunds will not be released until mid to late February.  You just have to wait for the forms to be ready.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings