awallace8506

Filing my return with turbo Tax. Dont i have to submit documents, such as; S.S, My daughter's school letter & Pay stubs? When i filed with liberty, they always took those documents from me.. Im sorry

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

No.  You do not have to submit any documentation with your return if you are e-filing your return. The information will be transmitted digitally.   [The IRS probably has most of the information already!]  Keep all the  documents in case the IRS has any questions down the road.

[Edited | 3/31/2020 |  12:22pm PDT]

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

[Edited | 3/31/2020 |  12:22pm PDT]

You do have to enter the info into your tax return.  But when you efile there is nothing to mail in.  You enter your W 2 for your pay ( you can't enter it from your paystubs)  You enter the SSA-1099 for any social security benefits you get.  You enter any 1099 you get.  etc.  You enter all your income and deductions yourself.
BobinCT

If you use a commercial preparer, they may retain you paperwork in case the IRS wants to see it later.  When you do it yourself, you need to keep the documentation safely in case they want proof, which might be several years after whenn- you filed.