condorpmh

Filing Error

Hi, my spouse deceased in 2019.  My return keeps getting rejected by the IRS due to a PIN error for my spouse, however, TurboTax does not allow me to see that data to correct it.  TurboTax only allows me to change AGI (which I do not need to change because it is correct) and to change my own data.

HELP!!!!!

MayaD

Filing Error

You wife AGI is the same as yours if you filed Married filing jointly in 2018.

You return has been rejected because the AGI you have entered does not match the IRS records. You can request an online transcript or a copy by mail from the IRS website.

Select the "File" option on your left menu bar in TurboTax and go back through the file routine where you will have an opportunity to view/change the AGI.

Filing Error

There seems to be a problem with Efiling when one spouse died during the year.  You might have to print and mail your return this year. 

condorpmh

Filing Error

WRONG! It is a TurboTax bug.  My AGI for 2018 is correct.  There are other posts indicating that if your spouse died in the prior year, you need to print and file because efile does not work.